With the much anticipated Mobile Suit Gundam: the Witch from Mercury’s October premiere fast approaching, its prequel episode PROLOGUE is now streaming digitally on Gundam Info, the official International Gundam YouTube channel. The PROLOGUE streams with Japanese audio and English, Chinese(Hong Kong, Simplified, Taiwan), Korean, Indonesian, Vietnamese and Thai subtitle options.
Meanwhile, the prequel episode will stream in Japan across various digital platforms such as Bandai Channel, Gundam Fanclub, Hulu, ABEMA, U-NEXT, and d Anime Store beginning September 4 at 18:00 JST. Initially, the PROLOGUE was exclusively seen at the July 14 and July 15 at the GUNDAM NEXT FUTURE -LINK THE UNIVERSE multi-venue event and July 21 at San Diego Comic Con 2022.
The official Mobile Suit Gundam: the Witch from Mercury Twitter account has also teased an announcement for September 4 at 17:30 JST.
At Fólkvangr, a front constructed inside an asteroid,
the Gundam Lfrith is undergoing operating tests in the Vanadis Institute’s laboratory.
The Lfrith has not yet managed to meet the conditions imposed by the council,
and test pilot Elnora Samaya is growing impatient.
That same day, her daughter is celebrating her fourth birthday…
Gundam: the Witch from Mercury is directed by Kiznaiver‘s Hiroshi Koyabashi, and penned by Code Geass scribe, Ichiro Ohkouchi. The tagline of the series is “This witch…rides a Gundam”. The series will broadcast this fall in October 2022 on twenty-eight of MBS and TBS TV networks on their 5pm “Nichigo” anime block, as well as simulcasted internationally.
- Kana Ichinose as Suletta Mercury
- Lynn as Miorine Rembran
- Planning & Production: Sunrise
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition & Script: Ichiro Ohkouchi
- Original Concept: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Character Design: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya
- Mechanical Design: JNTHED, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata , Ippei Gyoubu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Mechanical Coordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Setting Cooperation: HISADAKE
- Prop Design: E Wo Kaku PETER, Esuthio
- Concept Art: Lin Junbun
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- Art director: Ayumi Sato
- Color Setting: Kazuki Kikuchi
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyakaze
- Monitor Graphics Design: Kaori Seki
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Produced by Bandai Namco Filmworks, Sotsu, MBS