After a week of teasing from the official Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury Twitter account, the next batch of information has been released for the upcoming series. Along with a new trailer and key visual, we learn the series premiere date will be October 2, additional casting, and Japanese superduo YOASOBI will be performing the opening theme song “Shukufuku”(“The Blessing”), as featured in the trailer.
Two new characters have been revealed for the series, Nika Nanaura and Chuatury Panlunch.
Nika is portrayed by Yume Miyamoto(Rikka Takarada in SSSS.Gridman) and is described as a second-year student in the mechanical department, who belongs to Earth House. She loves mecha, and is very curious about Suletta’s Gundam Aerial. Nika has outstanding maintenance skills, and is proud of herself for customizing Chuchu’s Demi Trainer.
Chuatury is a first-year student in the piloting department, who belongs to Earth House. She is nicknamed “Chuchu.” She hates the Spacians who discriminate against Earthians, and often gets into fights. Chuchu pilots a unique restored older-generation Demi Trainer. She is portrayed by Miyu Tomita( Riko in Made in Abyss).
Yohei Azakami(Kennosuke from Kuromukuro) will portray Guel Jeturk, an heir to Jeturk Heavy Machinery, one of the group’s three branches, and a third-year student in the piloting department. Guel has a rough temperament and is quick to anger. As the ace pilot of Jeturk House, he has absolute confidence in his own skills.
Natsuki Hanae(Tanjiro Kamado in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul, Biscuit Griffon from Mobiile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Shinpei Ajiro in Summertime Rendering) portrays Elan Ceres. Elan pilots the Gundam Pharact and is the top pilot backed by Peil Technologies, one of the group’s three branches. A third-year student in the piloting department. Elan is a taciturn and solitary person, who doesn’t open his heart to anyone in school. He has an interest to Suletta.
Makoto Furukawa(Saitama in One-Punch Man) plays Shaddiq Zenelli, an adopted child of the CEO of Grassley Defense Systems, one of the group’s three branches. A third-year student in the piloting department who leads Grassley House. Shaddiq is a smooth-talking ladies’ man with a carefree manner. Although still a student Shaddiq has shown his skill in business too, he is a candidate for next generation executive. Shaddiq pilots the Michaelis.
Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury is directed by Kiznaiver‘s Hiroshi Koyabashi, and penned by Code Geass scribe, Ichiro Ohkouchi. The tagline of the series is “This witch…rides a Gundam”. The series will broadcast this fall in October 2, 2022 on twenty-eight of MBS and TBS TV networks on their 5pm “Nichigo” anime block, as well as simulcasted internationally. The PROLOGUE for the series is now streaming on the official international YouTube channel, Gundam Info.
- Kana Ichinose as Suletta Mercury
- Lynn as Miorine Rembran
- Yohei Azakami as Guel Jeturk
- Natsuki Hanae as Elan Ceres
- Makoto Furukawa as Shaddiq Zenelli
- Yume Miyamoto as Nika Nanaura
- Miyu Tomita as Chuatury Panlunch
- Planning & Production: Sunrise
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition & Script: Ichiro Ohkouchi
- Original Concept: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Character Design: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya
- Mechanical Design: JNTHED, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata , Ippei Gyoubu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Mechanical Coordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Setting Cooperation: HISADAKE
- Prop Design: E Wo Kaku PETER, Esuthio
- Concept Art: Lin Junbun
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- Art director: Ayumi Sato
- Color Setting: Kazuki Kikuchi
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyakaze
- Monitor Graphics Design: Kaori Seki
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Produced by Bandai Namco Filmworks, Sotsu, MBS