Gaming subsidiary Bandai Namco Online Inc. has announced the launch of a new Gundam FPS(First-Person Shooter) title, Gundam Evolution.
The online free-to-play title let players experience speedy and immersive team battles by piloting mobile suits from the popular Gundam anime series. Players can make full use of mobile suits with unique abilities, switching between them according to the battle situation. The game features intuitive controls with a unique boost system, and allows players to play 6 vs. 6 battles with multiple different battle rules and maps.
Some of the mobile suits that will be featured include:
- RX-78-2 Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam(1979)
- MS-06 Zaku II from Mobile Suit Gundam(1979)
- RX-75 Guntank from Mobile Suit Gundam(1979)
- RGM-79 GM from Mobile Suit Gundam(1979)
- NRX-044 Asshimar from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam(1985)
- MSA-006 Methuss from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam(1985)
- MSN-04 Sazabi from Mobile Suit Gundam Char’s Counterattack(1988)
- RGM-79SP GM Sniper II from Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket(1989)
- WD-M01 ∀ Gundam from Turn-A Gundam(1999)
- ZGMF-XX09T Dom Trooper from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny(2004)
- RX-80PR Pale Rider from Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link(2014)
- ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos from Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans(2015)
While the game will be released worldwide to multiple regions in 2022, Bandai is currently holding a closed beta test exclusive to Japan for PC users. 5000 beta testers will be chosen by lottery, and the application period will end at 12:00 JST on August 2. The Closed Beta Test Period begins August 8, 2021 from 18:00 – 24:00 JST to August 9, 2021 18:00 – 24:00 JST.
Source: Official Website