Earlier today Japanese super duo YOASOBI performed their hit single, “The Blessing”, serving as the opening theme song for Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury, at Gundam Factory Yokohama with the moving RX-78F00 Gundam statue. The duo posted a video of the performance on their official YouTube channel.
Early November, Gundam Factory Yokohama announced its “GFY Winter Illumination 2022″ event. This winter show is themed after the current Gundam TV installment, Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury. From November 24 to January 9, 2023 attendees will be able to see the moving Gundam perform new poses related to the Witch from Mercury, with the series opening theme song “The Blessing” used as music to liven the performance and unique winter laser light effects.
In September it was announced YOASOBI would be performing the opening theme song for the Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury TV anime, titled “Shukufuku” or “The Blessing”. The song was accompanied by an original novel named “Cradle Planet”, authored by the series head writer Ichiro Ohkouchi.
The tune has become quite the bop, topping the charts on iTunes Japan, trending on Twitter, entering Billboard‘s Global Top 200, charting as #76 behind “Talk That Talk” by the K-pop band TWICE. YOASOBI released an official anime music video for the song on October 2, which has since garnered 17 million views.
Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury is directed by Kiznaiver‘s Hiroshi Koyabashi, and penned by Code Geass scribe, Ichiro Ohkouchi. The tagline of the series is “This witch…rides a Gundam”. The series began broadcast October 2, 2022 on twenty-eight of MBS and TBS TV networks on their 5pm “Nichigo” anime block, as well as simulcasted internationally. The Bandai Namco Group announced late September at their Gundam Conference Autumn 2022 that the Witch from Mercury‘s first cour broadcast will be completed in December and the series will resume with its second cour in April 2023.
- Kana Ichinose as Suletta Mercury
- Lynn as Miorine Rembran
- Yohei Azakami as Guel Jeturk
- Natsuki Hanae as Elan Ceres
- Makoto Furukawa as Shaddiq Zenelli
- Yume Miyamoto as Nika Nanaura
- Miyu Tomita as Chuatury Panlunch
- Planning & Production: Sunrise
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition & Script: Ichiro Ohkouchi
- Original Concept: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Character Design: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya
- Mechanical Design: JNTHED, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata , Ippei Gyoubu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Mechanical Coordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Setting Cooperation: HISADAKE
- Prop Design: E Wo Kaku PETER, Esuthio
- Concept Art: Lin Junbun
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- Art director: Ayumi Sato
- Color Setting: Kazuki Kikuchi
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyakaze
- Monitor Graphics Design: Kaori Seki
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Produced by Bandai Namco Filmworks, Sotsu, MBS