Japanese super duo YOASOBI’s Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury opening theme song “The Blessing” launched digitally October 1 and has become a rave hit. From topping the charts on Itunes Japan, trending on Twitter, to now entering Billboard‘s Global Top 200. The upbeat tune is charted as #76 behind “Talk That Talk” by the K-pop band TWICE.
Billboardのグローバルチャートに #YOASOBI祝福 が初登場！ #水星の魔女 と一緒に海外の方の耳と目にも届いていたら嬉しいです💫— YOASOBI (@YOASOBI_staff) October 11, 2022
"The Blessing" is now on the Billboard global TOP 200🔥
This is the OP theme of the TV Animation series #G_Witch ☄️https://t.co/kH7kzRKK52 pic.twitter.com/eubHtX2vlL
YOASOBI released an official anime music video for the song on October 2, which has since garnered 3.9 million views.
Early September it was announced YOASOBI would be performing the opening theme song for the Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury TV anime, titled “Shukufuku” or “The Blessing”. The song is accompanied by an original novel named “Cradle Star”, authored by the series head writer Ichiro Ohkouchi.
A limited edition CD of “The Blessing” will be released on November 9. Priced at 4,400 yen, it will include an original YOASOBI-themed Demi Trainer Gundam model kit, YOASOBI-themed marking stickers for the HG Gundam Aerial, and the entire “Cradle Star” companion novel.
Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury is directed by Kiznaiver‘s Hiroshi Koyabashi, and penned by Code Geass scribe, Ichiro Ohkouchi. The tagline of the series is “This witch…rides a Gundam”. The series began broadcast on October 2, 2022 on twenty-eight of MBS and TBS TV networks on their 5pm “Nichigo” anime block, as well as simulcasted internationally.
- Kana Ichinose as Suletta Mercury
- Lynn as Miorine Rembran
- Yohei Azakami as Guel Jeturk
- Natsuki Hanae as Elan Ceres
- Makoto Furukawa as Shaddiq Zenelli
- Yume Miyamoto as Nika Nanaura
- Miyu Tomita as Chuatury Panlunch
- Planning & Production: Sunrise
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Series Composition & Script: Ichiro Ohkouchi
- Original Concept: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Character Design: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya
- Mechanical Design: JNTHED, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata , Ippei Gyoubu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mechanical Animators: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Seimei Maeda
- Co-Director: Ryo Ando
- Setting Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Sci-fi Researcher: Yuya Takashima
- Mechanical Coordinator: Ryoji Sekinishi
- Setting Cooperation: HISADAKE
- Prop Design: E Wo Kaku PETER, Esuthio
- Concept Art: Lin Junbun
- Technical Director: Yohei Miyahara
- Art Designers: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- Art director: Ayumi Sato
- Color Setting: Kazuki Kikuchi
- 3DCG Director: Shinichi Miyakaze
- Monitor Graphics Design: Kaori Seki
- Director of Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editor: Kengo Shigemura
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama
- Produced by Bandai Namco Filmworks, Sotsu, MBS