Gundam Info, the official international Gundam YouTube channel is re-streaming the entire HD remaster of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny. The series is streaming with Japanese audio and multiple subtitle options: English, Chinese(Hong Kong, Simplified, Taiwan), French, Vietnamese and Korean
Directed by Mitsuo Fukuda and scripted by Chiaki Morosawa, SEED Destiny is the 2004 sequel to the popular 2002 Mobile Suit Gundam SEED series. Hisashi Hirai returned as character designer, along with mechanical designs by Kunio Okawara and Kimitoshi Yamane, chief mecha animation direction by Satoshi Shigeta, and music by Toshihiko Sahashi.
The year is Cosmic Era 73. The Bloody Valentine War, fought between the PLANTS space colonies and the nations of the Atlantic Federation, has ended and an uneasy truce has settled upon the Earth sphere. With the signing of the Junius Seven Treaty, the world’s soldiers have left the battlefield and the grizzly sights of war behind. Many who fought now seek peace and refuge in the shelter of civilian life.
But one boy, Shinn Asuka, is finding that incredibly hard. A coordinator who lost his entire family during the Battle of Orb, he now fights with ZAFT in one of their newest machines, the Impulse Gundam. Of course, ZAFT is only developing these machines for defensive applications – or so they claim – but when a group of Federation operatives steal some of these prototype machines, the world is once again plunged towards war.
Announced in May 2021, the SEED series began celebrating its 20th anniversary with Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PROJECT ignited. The project included the installation of the life-sized Freedom Gundam statue in Shanghai, China with a special video by director Fukuda to commemorate it, Gundam Docks at Shanghai event, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Eclipse manga, a new video game in development, and the anime theatrical film sequel to the SEED and SEED Destiny TV anime series, now titled SEED Freedom.
The Gundam SEED theatrical film was first announced in May 2006 at Sony Music Anime Fes’ 06. The project was touted at the time as the first original Gundam theatrical film since 1991’s Mobile Suit Gundam F91. Before headwriter Chiaki Morosawa’s passing in 2016, she had completed the plot for the movie.
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Freedom will release to theaters January 26, 2024.
In C.E.75, the fighting still continues.
There are independence movements, and aggression by Blue Cosmos… In order to calm the situation, a global peace monitoring agency called COMPASS is established, with Lacus as its first president. As members of COMPASS, Kira and his comrades intervene into various regional battles. Then a newly established nation called Foundation proposes a joint operation against a Blue Cosmos stronghold.
- Kira Yamato | Soichiro Hoshi
- Lacus Clyne | Rie Tanaka
- Athrun Zala | Akira Ishida
- Cagalli Yula Athha | Nanako Mori
- Shinn Asuka | Kenichi Suzumura
- Lunamaria Hawke | Maaya Sakamoto
- Meyrin Hawke | Fumiko Orikasa
- Murrue Ramius | Kotono Mitsuishi
- Mu La Flaga | Takehito Koyasu
- Yzak Jule | Tomokazu Seki
- Dearka Elthman | Akira Sasanuma
- Agnes Giebenrath | Houko Kuwashima
- Toyah Mashima | Ayane Sakura
- Alexei Konoe | Hochu Otsuka
- Albert Heinlein | Jun Fukuyama
- Hilda Harken | Michiko Neya
- Herbert von Reinhard | Taiten Kusunoki
- Maas Symeon | Junichi Suwabe
- Aura Maha Khyber | Yukari Tamura
- Orphee Lam Tao | Hiro Shimono
- Shura Serpentine | Yuichi Nakamura
- Ingrid Tradoll | Sumire Uesaka
- Redelard Tradoll | Misato Fukuen
- Daniel Harper | Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Liu Shenqiang | Kentaro Tone
Griffin Arbalest | Win Morisaki
Gilbert Durandal | Shuichi Ikeda
Source: Gundam Info