Sports news publication Sports Hochi will be releasing a special issue for the fast-approaching Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island film.
This issue features cast interviews with Toru Furuya (Amuro Ray), Shunsuke Takeuchi (Cucuruz Doan), Misato Arai (Mirai Yashima), and Fu Hirohara (Cara), as well as a conversation between Ken Narita (Bright Noa) and Tomofumi Ikezoe (Sleggar Law). Direct interviews with director Yoshikazu Yasuhiko and deputy director Ka Hee Im will also be included, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the film.
In addition, the issue will come with a large poster newly illustrated by director Yasuhiko.
The Hochi Shimbun Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island Special Issue features twenty, tabloid-sized pages and is priced at 550 yen, with a June 3, 2022 release date. The issue will be available at select bookstores and the Hochi Entertainment Market e-commerce site.
Announced during the 2nd Gundam Conference on September 2021, Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island is a new anime film directed by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, the character designer and chief animation director of the original 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam series, as well as chief director of the 2015-2018 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin series. The film will be a new perspective on the fifteenth episode of the same name from the 0079 series. The film is set to release June 3, 2022 to 185 theaters in Japan.
May 18, Bandai Namco Filmworks(Sunrise) announced a theatrical Blu-ray release for the film. The Blu-rays come in a limited edition version and a standard edition version, priced at 13,000 yen and 5,000 yen respectively, and release June 3, 2022 at all participating theaters.
After enduring the battle at Jaburo, the Earth Federation Forces plan to launch a major counteroffensive to capture Odessa, a major base of Zeon’s Earth Attack forces. The White Base, with Amuro and his fellow crew aboard, head towards Belfast to receive the last resupply before the operation. White Base is then given a mission. The mission is to mop up the remaining Zeon enemies on an uninhabited island, commonly known as the “Island of No Return”. Amuro and his team embark on a search for the remaining agents, but what they see is a group of children and a Zaku that should not be there. After losing his Gundam in a battle, Amuro meets a man who calls himself Cucuruz Doan. Will he be able to uncover the secrets of the island, and will Amuro be able to find the Gundam again and escape safely……?
- Toru Furuya as Amuro Ray
- Ken Narita as Bright Noa
- Satomi Arai as Mirai Yashima
- Megumi Han as Sayla Mass
- Toshio Furukawa as Kai Shiden
- Hideki Nakanishi as Hayato Kobayashi
- Misato Fukuen as Fraw Bow
- Tomofumi Ikezoe as Sleggar Law
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Cucuruz Doan
- Atsushi Miyauchi as Egba Atler
- Yoji Ueda as Wald Ren
- Shizuka Ito as Selma Livens
- Koji Yusa as Yun Sanho
- Yū Hayashi as Danan Rashica
- Yuma Uchida as Marcos
- Fu Hirohara as Cara
- Shuichi Ikeda as Char Aznable
- Planning and Production: Sunrise
- Original Story: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Director: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
- Assistant Director: Ka Hee Im
- Screenplay: Toshizo Nemoto
- Character Design: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Atsushi Tamura, Tsukasa Kotobuki
- Mechanical Design: Kunio Okawara, Hajime Katoki, Kimitoshi Yamane
- Chief Animation Director: Atsushi Tamura
- Art Director: Yuji Kaneko
- Color Design: Nagisa Abe
- Director of Photography: Takeshi Katsurayama, Ryo Iijima
- CGI Directing: Shuhei Morita
- CGI Director: Morihito Abe
- Editing: Kazuhiro Nii
- Sound Director: Sadayoshi Fujino
- Music: Takayuki Hattori
- Production: Bandai Namco Filmworks
- Theme Song: “Ubugoe” by Hiroko Moriguchi
Source: Gundam Info