Anime production company Bandai Namco Filmworks(Sunrise) has released a new set of trailers for their upcoming Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island film, a 30 second version and a 60 second version, giving a new emotional look at director Yoshikazu Yasuhiko’s latest and possibly last Gundam anime outing. The trailers also feature the recently announced theme song for the film by frequent Gundam songstress Hiroko Moriguchi, “Ubugoe.”
30 second ver.
60 second ver.
Yuma Uchida and Fu Hirohara have been announced as the casting for Cucuruz Doan’s oldest orphan children, Marcos and Cara respectively. Cara is described as a mother-figure to the children on the island and always concerned about Doan.
A 2nd round of advanced MoviTicke will go on sale April 29 priced at 1,800 yen. It will include a MoviTicke Card with the film’s key visual and A4 size clear file featuring an illustration by mechanical designer Kunio Okawara. The illustration depicts the RX-78-02 Gundam and a Southern Cross Team Zaku High Mobility Type, with the background featuring their iconic emblem.
Announced during the 2nd Gundam Conference on September 2021, Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island is a new anime film directed by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, the character designer and chief animation director of the 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam series, as well as chief director of the 2015-2018 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin OVA series. The film will be a new perspective on the fifteenth episode of the same name from the 0079 series. The film is set to release June 3, 2022 to 185 theaters in Japan.
After enduring the battle at Jaburo, the Earth Federation Forces plan to launch a major counteroffensive to capture Odessa, a major base of Zeon’s Earth Attack forces. The White Base, with Amuro and his fellow crew aboard, head towards Belfast to receive the last resupply before the operation. White Base is then given a mission. The mission is to mop up the remaining Zeon enemies on an uninhabited island, commonly known as the “Island of No Return”. Amuro and his team embark on a search for the remaining agents, but what they see is a group of children and a Zaku that should not be there. After losing his Gundam in a battle, Amuro meets a man who calls himself Cucuruz Doan. Will he be able to uncover the secrets of the island, and will Amuro be able to find the Gundam again and escape safely……?
- Toru Furuya as Amuro Ray
- Ken Narita as Bright Noa
- Satomi Arai as Mirai Yashima
- Megumi Han as Sayla Mass
- Toshio Furukawa as Kai Shiden
- Hideki Nakanishi as Hayato Kobayashi
- Misato Fukuen as Fraw Bow
- Tomofumi Ikezoe as Sleggar Law
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Cucuruz Doan
- Atsushi Miyauchi as Egba Atler
- Yoji Ueda as Wald Ren
- Shizuka Ito as Selma Livens
- Koji Yusa as Yun Sanho
- Yū Hayashi as Danan Rashica
- Yuma Uchida as Marcos
- Fu Hirohara as Cara
- Planning and Production: Sunrise
- Original Story: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Director: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
- Assistant Director: Ka Hee Im
- Screenplay: Toshizo Nemoto
- Character Design: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Atsushi Tamura, Tsukasa Kotobuki
- Mechanical Design: Kunio Okawara, Hajime Katoki, Kimitoshi Yamane
- Chief Animation Director: Atsushi Tamura
- Art Director: Yuji Kaneko
- Color Design: Nagisa Abe
- Director of Photography: Takeshi Katsurayama, Ryo Iijima
- CGI Directing: Shuhei Morita
- CGI Director: Morihito Abe
- Editing: Kazuhiro Nii
- Sound Director: Sadayoshi Fujino
- Music: Takayuki Hattori
- Production: Bandai Namco Filmworks
- Theme Song: “Ubugoe” by Hiroko Moriguchi
Source: Gundam Info