The official Japanese Gundam YouTube channel, Gundam Channel, has released a new music video for Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury. The video features the main theme of the series “The Witch from Mercury” and the sub theme “Asticassia” from composer Takashi Ohmama, with footage from the recordings of the pieces.
Music Video Staff
- Editor: Rei Kasai
- Cameraman: Maximilian Hofko, Stefano Maccarelli
- Music Producer: Shunsuke Matsuda (Bandai Namco Music Live)
- Music Production Management & Coordination: Daisuke Mizuta (Nichion)
- Mixing Engineer: Mitsunori Aizawa (SIGN SOUND)
- Mastering Engineer: Reuben Cohen (Lurssen Mastering)
- Music Production Staff: Hinako Kanabo, Miwa Suzuki (Nichion), Junko Nakajima, Tatsuhiko Saiki, Akimi Hayase, Mayumi Torihata (SIGN SOUND)
- Associated by Hiroshi Kobayashi, Jin Aketagawa (MAGIC CAPSULE) Takuya Okamoto, Haruna Hayakawa (Bandai Namco Filmworks)
Takashi Ohmama previously worked in the Gundam series, serving as composer for the 2017 ONA(original net animation) Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXIS, delivering another masterful music score. Twilight AXIS was adapted from the 2016 novel of the same name by Ark Performance, inspiring an anime film compilation titled Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXIS Red Trace, along with a manga adaptation later in 2017. The short anime project was helmed by Sejoon Kim, wearing the many hats of director, writer, animation director, character designer and mechanical designer.
The story is set in U.C. 0096, several months after the Laplace Incident in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. Two former Zeon members, now civilians, are approached by the Earth Federation Forces to join a research group investigating the drifting Neo Zeon colony Axis: Arlette Almage and Danton Hyleg. Having infiltrated Axis, the investigation team come under fire inside the supposedly abandoned base. As they confront this mysterious group of mobile suits, Arlette and Danton also confront their Zeon pasts.
Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury is directed by Kiznaiver‘s Hiroshi Koyabashi, and penned by Code Geass scribe, Ichiro Ohkouchi. The tagline of the series is “This witch…rides a Gundam”. The series began broadcast October 2, 2022 on twenty-eight of MBS and TBS TV networks on their 5pm “Nichigo” anime block, as well as simulcasted internationally. The Bandai Namco Group announced late September at their Gundam Conference Autumn 2022 that the Witch from Mercury‘s first cour broadcast will be completed in December and the series will resume with its second cour in April 2023.