Following her “Gundam Song Covers Night” performance at Gundam Cafe Tokyo Brand Core in Akihabara, Tokyo, the “Gundam Goddess” Hiroko Moriguchi has announced the release of a third and final album to her popular Gundam Song Covers series. Distributed by Moriguchi’s label King Records, the album will release March 9, 2022.
The songstress’s album series has been successful, selling over 200,000 copies with the first Gundam Song Covers awarding Moriguchi the “Planning Prize” at the 61st Japan Record Award and featured in Oricon’s album rankings for daily 2nd place and weekly 3rd place.
Continuing with the theme of the last two albums in the series, this third album will feature Moriguchi collaborating with a variety of artists producing unique renditions of the classic Gundam songs.
- Tobe! Gundam (Opening theme to Mobile Suit Gundam)
- Suna no Juujika (Theme song to Mobile Suit Gundam I)
- Beginning / with VOJA (Theme song to Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space)
- BEYOND THE TIME ～Möbius no Sora wo Koete～/ with TM Network (Theme song to Mobile Suit Gundam Char’s Counterattack)
- STAND UP TO THE VICTORY / with Masayoshi Oishi (Theme song to Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
- Ikutsu Mono Ai wo Kasanete / with SALT&SUGAR (Insert song to Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
- Turn A Turn / with Daisuke Kaminaga(Wagakki Band) (Opening theme to Turn-A Gundam)
- RIVER / with Naoko Terai (Ending theme of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
- Meteor (Insert song for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
- G no Senko / with Kotaro Oshio (Ending theme to Gundam Reconguista in G)
- Bonus Track: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Medley (Zeta – Toki wo Koete — Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete) / with Mami Ayukawa (Opening themes to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
Blu-ray (Music Videos)
- Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete / with Naoko Terai (Opening theme to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
- Freesia / with Satoru Shionoya (Ending theme to Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans)
- Kimi wo Mitsumete ~The Time I’m Seeing You~ / with Masato Honda (Image Song for Mobile Suit Gundam F91)
- Issenman-Nen Ginga/ with Satoru Shionoya (Ending theme to Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ)
- Music Video from song included in “GUNDAM SONG COVERS 3”
- Music Video from songs included in “GUNDAM SONG COVERS 3”
CD + Blu-ray
Sleeve case with newly drawn illustration by Tsukasa Kotobuki
Pre-order bonus items for specific retailers (See King Records)
– GUNDAM SONG COVERS Series Complete box. A storage box that can hold all three albums with an original illustration by Tsukasa Kotobuki of Hiroko Moriguchi riding in a core fighter.
– A4 size clear file of the illustration by Tsukasa Kotobuki
E-Commerce King Amusement Creative limited items
Limited edition LP size disc
Included is an LP size booklet, a paper jacket CD storage case, original stickers, and original stickers, all drawn by Tsukasa Kotobuki.
Price: 4,400 yen
Limited Gunpla Set Edition
CD + Blu-ray + Gunpla [HGUC 1/144 Zeta Gundam Ver. HIROKO MORIGUCHI
Price: 8,800 yen
Hiroko Moriguchi began her career with the debut single “Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete”(“From the Aqueous Star with Love”), serving as the second theme song for the 1985 TV anime series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. She has since become known as the “Gundam Goddess” for performing many songs for the Gundam series, including “Sora no Kanata de”, the theme song for Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin: Eve of Destiny and “Eternal Wind ~Hohoemi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka~” for the 1991 film Mobile Suit Gundam F91.
Source: King Records