With the conclusion of anime visionary Yoshiyuki Tomino’s Gundam Recoguista in G, a documentary Blu-ray will be released at theaters beginning August 5, the same premiere date as Reconguista‘s final installment, Gundam Reconguista in G V: Beyond the Peril of Death.
Code of Yoshiyuki Tomino ~ The secret lesson of TOMINO directing in G~ will decipher the acclaimed director’s theory of direction leading up to Gundam Reconguista in G, with testimonies from animators, designers, writers, and other directors who have worked with and supported Tomino’s work. Included will be a bonus disc featuring the conversation between Tomino and Drakengard/Nier game creator, Yoko Taro, and a talk between Yoshikazu Yasuhiko and Kenichi Yoshida.
Distributed by Bandai Namco Filmworks, the documentary is priced at 7,700 yen and will be released August 5 at all participating theaters with a limited quantity of 5,000 copies.
Released in 2014, Gundam Reconguista in G celebrated the 35th anniversary of the Gundam franchise and saw the return of Gundam creator himself, Yoshiyuki Tomino helming a new installment for the first time in fifteen years since 1999’s Turn-A Gundam.
A five-part compilation film series was announced in November 2018 as a part of the Mobile Suit Gundam 40th Anniversary Project. The compilations were to include new scenes and newly recorded dialogue. The first entry Gundam Reconguista in G I: Go! Fighter, released November 2019, following with II: Bellri’s Fierce Charge releasing February 2020, and III: Legacy from Space releasing July 2021. The final two installments, IV: Love That Cries Out in Battle releases later this month on July 22, 2022, and V: Beyond the Peril of Death releases August 5.
Staff for IV & V
- General Director/Screenplay: Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Story: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Unit Director: Shunichi Yoshizawa (IV), Yohei Shindo(V)
- Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida
- Mechanical Design: Akira Yasuda, Ippei Gyoubu, Kimitoshi Yamane
- Design Works: Shigeto Koyama, Kinu Nishimura, Cheese Gouda, Pablo Uchida, Takumi Sakura, Ayumi Kurashima, Ikuo Kuwana, Seiichi Nakatani
- Art Director: Tomoaki Okada, Ayumi Sato
- Color Design: Nobuko Mizuta
- Monitor design: Takashi Aoki
- CG Director: Tomohiro Fujie
- Director of Photography: Kentaro Waki
- Editing: Daisuke Imai
- Music: Yugo Kanno
- Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
- Planning and Production: Sunrise
- Production and Distribution: Bandai Namco Filmworks
- Theme Song Artist: DREAMS COME TRUE
- Bellri Zenam: Mark Ishii
- Aida Surugan: Yu Shimamura
- Noredo Nag: Minako Kotobuki
- Mask: Takuya Sato
- Klim Nick: Ryota Ohsaka
- Manny Ambassada: Ayahi Takagaki
- Raraiya Monday: Yukari Fukui
- Mick Jack: Michiko Kaiden
- Barara Peor: Mai Nakahara