The World of Yoshiyuki Tomino ~Film works entrusted to the future~ is a documentary film based on The World of Yoshiyuki Tomino exhibit, which is currently on tour at the Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art.
The Blu-ray/DVD The World of Yoshiyuki Tomino ~Film works entrusted to the future~ has been announced to be released on February 25, 2022, and will include a conversation between director Yoshiyuki Tomino and game creator Yoko Taro.
Yoko Taro is a game director credited with creating the popular Drakengard(or Drag-On Dragoon) video game series, and its spin-off Nier. Released in 2017 to PS4/Xbox One/Steam, NieR: Automata has sold over 6 million units worldwide and continues to attract many fans.
The documentary examines the fascination of The World of Yoshiyuki Tomino exhibit and attempts to bring to light the unique techniques and approach to craftsmanship that director Yoshiyuki Tomino has hidden within his vast body of work. Interviews will be conducted with the curators who planned the exhibit and the creators who have been involved in Tomino’s works, as well as documentary footage with testimonies by famous creators.
- Shigemi Ikeda (Art Director, Atelier Musa)
- Mark Ishii (Voice Actor), Bellri Zenam in Gundam Reconguista in G
- Koichi Inoue (Former Producer, Sunrise Planning Office)
- Kenji Uchida (Ex-President and Producer, Sunrise)
- Naohiro Ogata (Producer, Sunrise)
- Kudo Kenshi (Curator, Aomori Museum of Art)
- Jun Shibata (Animator)
- Yu Shimamura (Voice Actress), Aida Surugan in Gundam Reconguista in G
- Toshio Suzuki (Producer, Studio Ghibli)
- Shinji Higuchi (Film Director)
- Shigeru Horiguchi (Former Producer, Sunrise)
- Yozo Yamaguchi (Curator, Fukuoka Art Museum)
- Yoko Taro (Game Creator)
- Toshikazu Yoshizawa (Director)
The World of Yoshiyuki Tomino ~Film works entrusted to the future~ is available to purchase only at Premium Bandai and A-On Store, priced at 7,480 yen for the Blu-ray and 6,380 yen for the DVD.
The World of Yoshiyuki Tomino exhibit is a retrospective on the grand career of pioneering director Yoshiyuki Tomino. The exhibit began touring in 2019 at the Fukuoka Art Museum and has since been hosted at seven other art museums across Japan. The exhibit is presently on its last destination at the Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art, which will end January 23, 2022.
Source: Official Website