Record company King Records recently announced they would be delaying Hiroko Moriguchi’s upcoming GUNDAM SONG COVERS 2 album due to the state of emergency in Japan from the coronavarius(COVID-19) pandemic. The album was initially set to release June 10, but will now be delayed until September 16.
Following the success of Hiroko Moriguchi’s GUNDAM SONG COVERS album, a sequel album was announced by King Records last January. The sequel production decision was made after much positive reception and outcry for more albums from social media and across the web. GUNDAM SONG COVERS 2 celebrates the 35th anniversary of the launch of Hiroko Moriguchi’s career and will be released June 10. The album consists of tracks voted by fans on King Records’s website from January to February 16.
GUNDAM SONG COVERS 2 will be released physically in two versions: a normal edition and a limited edition that will include a LP-size booklet, CD jacket, and sticker, priced at 3,000 yen and 4,000 yen respectively.
The album cover features an illustration by character designer Tsukasa Kotobuki, with Moriguchi wearing a normal suit floating through space in front of the F91 Gundam F91, emulating the final scenes of the Mobile Suit Gundam F91 film in place of Cecily Fairchild.
- “Silent Voice” from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- “Gin’iro Dress”(Silver Dress) from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- “Kimi wo Mitsumete – The Time I’m Seeing You” from Mobile Suit Gundam F91
- “Itsuka Sora ni Todoite”(Reach Out to the Sky Someday) from Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- “Anna ni Issho Datta no ni”(Although We Were Always Together) from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- “Hoshizora no Believe”(Believe in the Starry Sky) from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- “Dreams” from After War Gundam X
- “Issenman-nen Ginga”(Ten-Million Years Galaxy) from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- “Tsuki no Mayu”(The Moon’s Cocoon) from Turn A Gundam
- “Men of Destiny” from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- “Akatsuki no Kuruma”(Wheels of Dawn) from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- Bonus Track selected by Hiroko Moriguchi at a later date.