With the theatrical release of Yoshiyuki Tomino’s final Gundam Reconguista in G film, V: Beyond the Peril of Death, an official music video for Daisuke Hasegawa’s “Flash of G” has been released. The song is performed by Daisuke Hasegawa, written by Rin Iogi(Tomino’s psuedonym for songwriting), and composed by Yugo Kanno. “Flash of G” or “G no Senkou” was featured as the ending theme song for the 2014 Gundam Reconguista in G TV anime and the first installment of the Reconguista in G film series, Go! Core Fighter in 2019.
Near the end of July, a new ending theme for IV: Love That Cries Out in Battle and V: Beyond the Peril of Death was released, along with another music video. This tune energetically follows in the footsteps of the aforementioned “Flash of G” and similarly reassembled the team of Hasegawa, Rin Iogi and Kanno for its production.
The song is available for digital purchase on various music services such as: Apple Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, LINE MUSIC, YouTube Music, TOWER RECORDS MUSIC and KKBOX.
Gundam Reconguista in G V: Beyond the Peril of Death released August 5 to theaters in Japan, completing the film series.
Staff for V
- General Director/Screenplay: Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Story: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Unit Director: Shunichi Yoshizawa (IV), Yohei Shindo(V)
- Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida
- Mechanical Design: Akira Yasuda, Ippei Gyoubu, Kimitoshi Yamane
- Design Works: Shigeto Koyama, Kinu Nishimura, Cheese Gouda, Pablo Uchida, Takumi Sakura, Ayumi Kurashima, Ikuo Kuwana, Seiichi Nakatani
- Art Director: Tomoaki Okada, Ayumi Sato
- Color Design: Nobuko Mizuta
- Monitor design: Takashi Aoki
- CG Director: Tomohiro Fujie
- Director of Photography: Kentaro Waki
- Editing: Daisuke Imai
- Music: Yugo Kanno
- Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
- Planning and Production: Sunrise
- Production and Distribution: Bandai Namco Filmworks
- Theme Song Artist: DREAMS COME TRUE
- Ending Theme: “Coloring by G-Reco” by Daisuke Hasegawa
- Bellri Zenam: Mark Ishii
- Aida Surugan: Yu Shimamura
- Noredo Nag: Minako Kotobuki
- Mask: Takuya Sato
- Klim Nick: Ryota Ohsaka
- Manny Ambassada: Ayahi Takagaki
- Raraiya Monday: Yukari Fukui
- Mick Jack: Michiko Kaiden
- Barara Peor: Mai Nakahara
Released in 2014, Gundam Reconguista in G celebrated the 35th anniversary of the Gundam franchise and saw the return of Gundam creator himself, Yoshiyuki Tomino helming a new installment for the first time in fifteen years since 1999’s Turn-A Gundam.
A five-part compilation film series was announced in November 2018 as a part of the Mobile Suit Gundam 40th Anniversary Project. The compilations were to include new scenes and newly recorded dialogue. The first installment Gundam Reconguista in G I: Go! Fighter, released November 2019, following with II: Bellri’s Fierce Charge releasing February 2020, and III: Legacy from Space releasing July 2021.
The new era begins!
The turbulent era known as the Universal Century has ended. Now, mankind looks towards prosperity and peace in the new era known as the Regild Century (R.C.). One of the most important resources in this era is the Capital Tower – a space elevator which towers over the land connecting Earth to space. Its purpose, to transport the Photon Batteries the Earth relies on for power. It is worshiped as a holy place.
Tasked with protecting the tower, one day on a practice mission, young Capital Guard cadet, Bellri Zenam is attacked by a high-performance G-Self Mobile Suit. Despite having never before encountered the G-Self, he feels a strange connection to it and its pilot, a space pirate called Aida Surugan.
Little does Bellri know that he is about to uncover truths which will shake the entire Regild Century.