Bandai Spirits figure brand Tamashii Nations has announced the release of the RX-104FF Penelope and RX-105 Xi Gundam to their NXEDGE Style [MS UNIT] line of high-end super deformed Gundam action figures.
Designed by mechanical designer Yasuhiro Moriki, the RX-104FF Penelope and RX-105 Xi Gundam were developed by Anaheim Electronics as sister mobile suits, both containing a Minovsky craft system giving them advanced flight capabilities. Penelope and Xi Gundam serve as the lead rival mobile suits from Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway’s Flash piloted by Earth Federation lieutenant Lane Aime, and Mafty leader Hathaway Noa aka Mafty Navue Erin, respectively.
NXEDGE Style [MS UNIT] Penelope is priced at 7,040 yen with a July 2021 release date.
- Plated parts are used throughout the Penelope figure. Combined with the white, red, and blue coloring of the main body, a more three-dimensional color expression is achieved.
- The large tail stabilizer is movable.
- The included beam saber effects can be attached to the shields.
- The FF (Fixed Flight) unit is detachable, allowing Odysseus Gundam to be recreated.
NXEDGE Style [MS UNIT] Xi Gundam is priced at 6,160 yen with a July 2021 release date.
- Each part of the figure features plated parts. The gold plating on the chest gives off a high sense of presence. The back of the shoulders are plated with gunmetal for added detail when moving.
- Each of the stabilizers on the back can be moved up and down.
- The figure has newly sculpted joint parts and the waist has been sculpted to allow for more dynamic poses.
- The figure includes a beam rifle, beam saber and shield. The beam saber effect is reproduced with metallic green paint.
The upcoming, Shukou Murase-directed Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway’s Flash film, or Hathaway is scheduled for a May 7, 2021 release date. The project was announced as a film trilogy in November 2018 to celebrate the Gundam 40th anniversary, adapting the Yoshiyuki Tomino-penned novel series of the same name. The novels were originally released from 1989 to 1990, published by Kadokawa’s Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint.
The film project serves as the second entry in Sunrise’s U.C. NexT 0100 Project following Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative. The first entry of the trilogy was initially set for a July 23, 2020 release date, but was delayed due to coronavirus COVID-19.
Source: Tamashii Nations