New artwork samples have been released for the upcoming Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Blu-ray BOX Flagship Edition. The Blu-ray box set features a newly illustrated box design by character designer Yu Ito, inner cover artwork by animators Michinori Chiba and Hiroshi Arisawa, and a 24-page artbook of cover artwork with a new cover by mechanical designer Naohiro Washio.
Yu Ito's Box Design
Michinori Chiba and Hiroshi Arisawa's Inner cover artwork
Naohiro Washio's Artbook cover Art
The Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Blu-ray BOX Flagship Edition will be released March 27, 2020 for 60,000 yen. In addition to the aforementioned artwork, the box set will include:
- All 50 episodes of the TV series.
- All cover artwork from previous Blu-ray and DVD boxes and promotional visuals for package promotions.
- Archive book by original character designer, Yu Ito featuring a collection of original character designs featured in previous Blu-rays.
- Illustration sheets.
- All episodes of “Tekketsu Biyori”
- Newly illustrated manga (4-page)
- Bonus disc: creditless opening and ending collection, promotional videos and commercial collections, making-of “ROAD TO ORPHANS” intro promotional clip of “ROAD TO ORPHANS”, talks, Line live, and clip of “3rd Anniversary “THE REFLECTION”.
- Special Feature of audio commentary archives.
Directed by Tatsuyuki Nagai, and scripted by Mari Okada, Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans began airing October 2015 and is set in the bleak Post Disaster era. The series follows a group of child soldiers—Mikazuki Augus, Orga Itsuka, and several others as they are hired to protect a young aristocrat seeking to liberate the Martian colony from Earth’s rule. When the tyrannical Earth peacekeeping force Gjallarhorn threatens those involved, Mikazuki must head into battle using a Calamity War-era relic—the Gundam Barbatos.